APA Division 39: call for applications - Psycho-analysis Scholars Program 2017-2018
30 Aug 2016
We are calling for applications for this program from internationally based students or early career professionals who have an interest in psychoanalytic psychology/psychoanalysis and cross-cultural interpretations of psychoanalytic thinking.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
American Psychological Association (APA) - Division 39 (Psychoanalysis) Scholars Program
Committee on International Relations
The Committee on International Relations (IRC) in Psychoanalytic Psychology of the Division 39 of APA is pleased to announce the 2017-2018 Scholars Program. We are calling for applications for this program from internationally based students or early career professionals who have an interest in psychoanalytic psychology/psychoanalysis and cross-cultural interpretations of psychoanalytic thinking.
The program runs from the Div. 39 spring meeting in New York on April 26-30, 2017, through the spring meeting in New Orleans on April 18-22, 2018.
All Division 39 Scholars will become members of the Division for the Scholar year.
The Scholars will receive the following benefits:
- A travel award of $500 for expenses to the New York conference.
- A mentor with whom the Scholar will meet at least once per month.
- Subscriptions to all Division 39 publications, including the journal Psychoanalytic Psychology, the Division/Review which comes out three times per year, and the monthly online newsletter, Insight.
- Free access to Psychoanalytic Electronic Publishing (Pep-web) if such access is not otherwise available.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled as a student or be an early career professional (ECP-up to ten years post-terminal graduate degree) in clinical psychology or related disciplines, including humanities.
- Applicants must identify as an internationally-based student or an ECP with a clinical practice or academic position which involves psychoanalytically oriented professional work. The work need not be clinically based; applied psychoanalytic approaches (i.e., fine arts or social sciences) also qualify as related work.
- Demonstrate an interest in psychoanalysis/psychoanalytic psychology and how geopolitics, economic realities and culture influence its theory and applications.
Complete Application package can be accessed from:
Submission Deadline and Notification Date:
Applications must be received by November 15, 2016.
Announcements of the winners will be made by January 15, 2017.
Any questions regarding the IRC International Scholars program or application should be addressed to Kris Yi, Ph.D. at krisyiphd(at)gmail.com or Marilyn Jacobs, Ph.D., ABPP at mjacobsphd(at)gmail.com .